Most popular cars for young drivers to insure
These are the top 10 most popular cars chosen by our community of 17 to 25-year-old drivers.*
If you're under 25 years old and after your first set of wheels, it can be pretty hard to know where to start. We've gathered the top 10 most popular cars from our community of young drivers to help you check out why they're a good fit.
We've looked at things like most popular model, engine size, mpg and insurance group. Everything you need for a bit of a head start on your search.
Tiff Needell, presenter of Channel 5's Fifth Gear, recommends all young drivers avoid the following when choosing a car:
- Engine sizes over 1.4 litres, especially if you're a teenager
- Cars with more than 5 seats
- Dark tinted windows
- Non-standard modifications like over-sized alloys or modifications to the engine or bodywork
- Hot hatches or sport editions, convertibles or cabriolets, or cars more than 20 years old
If you already have a car in mind, run it through our quick car lookup to see if it's a good choice to insure for someone your age.
* Source: ingenie customers (July 2016). Please note that mileage, fuel and tax figures quoted are only for the example listed and can vary depending on engine size, the age of the car and how it is driven. This section is intended as a guideline only.