What you need to know
- A telematics box is fitted in the car and assesses your driving style
- Receive regular feedback on how you're driving - either via the ingenie app or online
- There are no night-time curfews
- ingenie is not a speeding camera in disguise - find out how we use your data
- We assess trends and patterns in your driving style rather than isolated incidents, although if we feel the severity of a single incident is significant then we will bring it to your attention
- The cost of your insurance is reviewed every three months with a discount applied to the best and most improved drivers in the community
We equip your car with a 'black box', at no extra cost, that uses the latest telematics technology. This box captures your unique driving style (cornering, braking, speed, acceleration and swerving), and feedback is given via the ingenie app on your smartphone or via our website. The ingenie box is the size of a smartphone, and is hidden out of sight, usually behind the dashboard.
Unlike with other 'black-box' insurers, there are no driving curfews with ingenie. You have the freedom to drive when and where you want.
Discounts for better driving
The cost of your insurance is reviewed every three months, rather than once a year like most insurance policies. If you have driven well enough to receive a discount, this will be deducted from your direct debit payments if you pay monthly, or via a rebate if you pay annually. Your insurance can also go up in the event of poor driving, but we do protect you with a capped price and our driving feedback is available to help you to improve your driving and to reduce the cost of your insurance.