Car insurance for young drivers
See how much YOU COULD SAVE!
How ingenie can help you on the highway to good driving
Drive someone else’s car
Boost practice time outside of lessons
- Short-term policy that lets you drive someone else’s car in your own time
- No pressure to take your test, with ﬂexible cover from 1-6 months
- Car owner’s No Claims Discount is protected if you have a ding along the way
Drive your own car
Black box insurance while you learn and after you pass
- Driving discounts while you drive your own car as a learner or new driver
- Black box with regular driving feedback to help you stay on track
- Get rewarded with discounts for good driving 3 times a year
Get practising in someone else’s car in 3 simple steps
Choose how long you need
From 1-6 months, just decide how many months of cover you’d like on someone else’s car, then add more time if you need it before test day.
Get a quote on your practice car
Quotes start from £1.49 a day* so you can make the most of your practice time without worrying about the cost.
Call when you pass
Stop as a learner, start as a new driver! As soon as you pass, give us a call and we’ll do the maths to swap you onto a Young driver policy for your own car.
* Average daily price based on all policies sold between July 2020 - Oct 2020.
How ingenie Black Box Learner and New driver insurance works
Fit your black box
We’ll either arrange for an engineer to come out to you or send you a black box in the post which you can fit to your car yourself.
Driving feedback every 10 days
While you get to grips with driving solo, we’ll send you regular feedback via the ingenie app, so you can see where you’re acing it and how to improve.
Earn up to 21% back
Just drive how your instructor taught you and you could earn up to 21% back on your insurance throughout the year – just for driving well!
If you're driving more than you estimated, you'll need to call us to buy top up miles. If you
drive over your mileage allowance your insurance could be cancelled.
ingenie – Young Driver Guide
Just head to our Young Driver’s Guide for all the learner advice you need to get road-ready.