Provisional insurance for learner drivers
Let’s get you on the road to savings today!
Two ways learner drivers can save money with our provisional insurance
Drive someone else’s car
Flexible provisional insurance that suits you
- ingenie’s short-term, flexible cover allows you to drive someone else’s car from as little as £1.49 a day.*
- All you need to do is choose how many months of provisional insurance you need, from 1-6 months. Then, if you haven’t quite nailed that parallel park yet, you can just buy more time
- The best bit? The car owner’s No Claims Discount is fully protected if you do have a little ding along the way. There’ll also be a much lower excess to pay – we’re good like that.
Drive your own car
Black box insurance for Learners
- If you have your own car parked up and waiting for you to pass, you can start earning your No Claims Discount on your car insurance…like, now!
- With a black box under your bonnet or plugged into your car, you’ll get regular driving feedback. You’ll also get a score out of 100, so you can stay on track.
How ingenie’s flexible provisional car insurance works
Choose how long you need
From 1-6 months, just decide how many months of cover you’d like on someone else’s car, then add more time if you need it before test day.
Get a quote on your practice car
Quotes start from £1.49 a day* so you can make the most of your practice time without worrying about the cost.
Call when you pass
Stop as a learner, start as a new driver! As soon as you pass, give us a call and we’ll do the maths to swap you onto a Young driver policy for your own car.
*Average daily price based on all policies sold between July 2020 - Oct 2020.
How ingenie Black Box Learner insurance works
Fit your black box
We’ll send you a box in the post which you can fit to your car yourself.
Driving feedback every 10 days
While you’re learning to drive, we’ll send you regular driving feedback via the ingenie app, so you can see where you’re acing it and the areas you can improve.
Earn up discounts at renewal
We’ll review your driving and if you drive well you will receive discounts at renewal.
ingenie – Young Driver Guide
Just head to our Young Driver’s Guide for all the learner advice you need to get road-ready.
ingenie – Parents Guide
Just head to our Parents Guide for all the advice you may need to help your budding
ingenie – Lifestyle
Steer towards our lifestyle blog to see whats new at ingenie and insurance as a whole.