Please Love My Car terms and conditions
Find out more about the Please Love My Car competition.
Promoter: This promotion is organised by Ingenie Services Limited (with registered office at 310 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XD) (“ingenie”). Entrants can contact the promoter by emailing us at [email protected]
Promotion dates: Entries can be made from 00.01 GMT on 2nd February 2015 to 23.59 GMT on 13th February 2015. Entries received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Eligibility: TThe promotion is open to UK citizens based in mainland Britain aged 17 and over who own a car. The promotion is not open to ingenie employees or contractors or their families, or any other persons involved directly or indirectly with ingenie. Up to five entries per person will be accepted. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.
How to enter: To enter, eligible entrants need to upload a photo of their car via an app on the ingenie Facebook page, via Twitter using #PleaseLoveMyCar and tagging the official ingenie UK Twitter account @ingenie or on Instagram using #PleaseLoveMyCar and tagging the official ingenie Instagram account @ingenieinsurance. (The “Photo”). Photos will be subject to moderation and approval before being placed into the app gallery. This may take up to 3 business days. Three entrants will be selected to win To enter, eligible entrants need to submit photo(s) of their car within a post on their blog. To win this promotion the photos and requests will be judged by our panel, which includes an independent judge, who will choose what they consider to be the most worthy case.
The work being requested must not:
- Be a modification to the car. For example, adding tinted windows
- Be a request for mechanical work
- Exceed the maximum value of the prize of £1000
The successful entrants will be entitled to improvements of the entrant’s choice to their car up to the value of £1000 excluding any mechanical work (“Prize”). The improvements to the entrant’s car will be completed at an approved garage of ingenie’s choice. ingenie will always try to ensure that the garage is within 10 miles drive of the entrant’s home and will cover all reasonable expenses incurred in travelling to and from the garage (including petrol costs at 45p per mile and taxis to and from the garage in the event that the work takes longer than 1 hour to complete). Other than as stated in this paragraph, ingenie will not pay any other expenses incurred in connection with the promotion..
Winner notification: Three entrants will be selected by an ingenie judging panel to win the Prize. The winners will be notified within 7 days of the promotion ending via email if they enter via the Facebook, a tweet if entered via Twitter and a post with the winners @handle on Instagram The chosen winners will have 14 days from the time that they are notified in order to claim the Prize by responding either via email or on Twitter or Instagram. After this time a new winner will be selected.
Rules and Restrictions:
- By entering the promotion you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. If you are under 18 you must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the promotion.
- ingenie reserves the right to withdraw, cancel or amend the promotion, the rules and the terms and conditions of entry at any time and without prior notice and reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
- We do not accept responsibility for (i) any postponement or cancellation of the promotion; (ii) any loss, changes to, postponement of, or use of the Prize, and (iii) any act or default of any third party supplier, which is outside our reasonable control.
- ingenie accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this promotion or acceptance of the Prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude ingenie’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or for any liability which cannot be excluded by applicable law.
- We may refuse to accept any entry and/or to select a winning entry at our absolute discretion and will not enter into correspondence regarding the judging panel’s decision. No responsibility is accepted for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict or delay the sending of your entry. No responsibility is accepted by ingenie for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be entered for technical or other reasons
- There are no cash alternatives or refunds for unused portions of the Prize: the Prize must be accepted as offered, is non-transferable and subject to availability.
- ingenie will verify that the winner is based in mainland Britain, is at least 17 years old and owns their own car. If the winner cannot provide proof of this, their entry will be deemed void and another winner will be selected.
- Photos must be taken and owned by the entrant submitting them. Entrants may not enter a Photo that has been published elsewhere or has won a prize in any other photographic promotion. Photos may be in black and white or in colour and will be accepted whether taken using a digital or film camera but must be provided to ingenie as a JPEG version of the photo. If there is any evidence of photo retouching or manipulation including any attempt to exaggerate issues with an entrant’s car, the entry will be deemed void and another winner will be selected.
- Should the entrant request a mechanical service or MOT as part of the Prize, ingenie will not be responsible for any additional work that needs to be carried out on the car as a result of the mechanical service or MOT.
- Entrants are responsible for informing ingenie of any changes to the information they provide, in particular of any change of contact details at any time before the closing date.
- Entrants will not submit any photographs that are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or which otherwise violate any local or international laws.
- By submitting Photos to the promotion, entrants confirm and warrant that they are the sole author of the Photo, that the Photo is their original work and that they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of the Photo. Entrant will retain all rights, including copyright in their Photo and wherever possible will be credited and referenced for their Photo in connection with this promotion. Entrant grants ingenie a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use their Photo for the promotion. Photos will not be used by ingenie otherwise for promotional or commercial use.
- Entrants agree to take part in any and all post-promotion publicity or other commercial activities relating to the promotion, including photography, video interviews and telephone interviews. Entrants may also on occasion, be asked to provide journalists with personal details such as name and occupation.
- By entering the promotion, entrants are providing ingenie with certain information about themselves including their name and photo. Ingenie will at all times process entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws. By entering the promotion, entrant agrees that ingenie can collect, save and process the personal data for the sole purposes of the promotion.
- The name of the winner will be available for one month after the promotion’s closing date. If you wish to find out the identity of a winner, please contact us using the email address provided above.
- This promotion, including these terms and conditions, are governed by the laws of England and Wales and entrant’s submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with the promotion and/or these terms and conditions.
Find out more about the Please Love My Car competition.