Not only does receiving Red (Dangerous) messages increase the likelihood your insurance premium rising, but if you receive 3 of them in a quarter for the same driving category then we'll apply a 30 point penalty to your driving score. This 30 point penalty will remain in place until after your next price review. If you receive 6 Red (Dangerous) messages for speed then this will result in a black message.
If we notice a trend of dangerous driving or you receive more than 1 Red (Dangerous) message in the same driving category (like speed or braking), we may get in touch to talk about your driving. This would include tips on how to improve your driving, helping you work towards earning good driving discounts.
If you receive a black (Highly Dangerous) message then:
- Your score will be set to zero until after your next quarterly price review – when your score will be reset
- You’ll receive the highest increase in price you can for that quarter
- We'll call you to discuss your driving, and send you a letter that explains everything
- Your policy will be put on review and unless we see a significant improvement in your driving your policy will be cancelled
- If you go on to receive a second black (Highly Dangerous) message at any time throughout the year then your insurance policy will be cancelled
Warning: Driving at unacceptably high speeds may lead us to cancel your insurance with us immediately.