ingenie blog

Find out what's going on at ingenie

Can I drive my car outside the UK when we leave the EU?

Please note: this FAQ includes advice on driving abroad based on current Brexit information.

If you plan to use your car outside the UK after Britain leaves the EU, you’ll need to have a Green Card.

A Green Card means you’ll have proof of cover when driving in:
  • Countries in the European Union (EU)
  • Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA)
  • Andorra
  • Serbia
  • Switzerland

ingenie will get your Green Card directly from your insurer and post this to your home address. To request your Green Card please call us on 0330 678 0652 14 days’ before you plan to travel so we can process this for you.

Katey Gregory

By Katey Gregory

Katey Joined ingenie in 2014 and is in charge of all things social and content. She passed her driving test in 2015 and her first car is a Toyota Yaris T3 named Tyrone.