Tyger’s Diary: Dealing with distractions
There are a lot of things that can distract you when you’re driving – anything, in fact, that takes your attention away from the road ahead - and not all distractions are obvious.
In this video, Tyger gives advice on how to keep focused behind the wheel.
5 Tips to help you avoid distractions
- Keep your music at a level that doesn’t make it a distraction.
- Take away the temptation to answer your phone by keeping it on silent and putting it away out of sight – if you’re caught using your phone while driving you could face a fine and points on your licence
- Get the sat nav set up and running before you drive off so you're not playing around with it on the move
- If you don’t have a sat nav, plan your route in advance and pick a passenger to navigate. (Just one will do – you don’t want people arguing over directions!)
- Don’t be afraid to ask friends to keep the noise down so you can concentrate.
Enjoy Tyger's video blog? Check out his most recent updates:
- Why you should have post-test lessons
- Choosing a car for cheaper insurance
- Tyger's practical test
- Why you should get plenty of private practice
- 6 Do's and 5 Don'ts of your first driving lesson
- The benefits of free online brain training
- Choosing the right instructor
- Taking your theory test
- Getting ready for your theory test
- Applying for your provisional licence