Tyger’s Diary: Choosing a car for cheaper insurance
You might have just passed your test, or maybe you're looking for a car for private practice outside of your lessons – either way, choosing the right first car can be pretty daunting.
Like Tyger you might be concerned about the cost of insurance, and you not have known that the cost of insurance isn't just about the value of the car you drive.
Watch Tyger's video to find out how he chose his first car:
Tyger's 5 tips for keeping your car insurance down
- Start with cars that are already popular with young drivers by looking at the top 10 cars insured by young people with ingenie
- Keep the engine size under 1.4 litres
- Don't modify your car beyond the manufacturers spec, this includes oversized alloys, tinted windows and mods to the engine or bodywork.
- Avoid sport editions or hot hatches, convertibles or cars more than 20 years old.
- When you have a car in mind run it through ingenie's Quick Car Lookup tool to make sure you're on the right track.