Introducing your Driving Score
As we mentioned in our previous blog post – we're improving the way we provide feedback on your driving.
Our last update in October saw a complete re-design of our app and 'My Account' area, along with some new features, making the way you view your feedback a lot simpler and easier.
This update improves the driving feedback itself.
What you need to know for this update:
- We're changing the driving feedback - as well as receiving your driving messages, you’ll also receive a Driving Score
- You’ll need to update your app now
- But, you may not immediately see the changes – you’ll automatically start getting a driving score after your next price review, so it could take up to 3 months for you to see this. But don't worry, we'll send you an email confirming when this will be
Understanding your driving score
- The score is out of 100 (100 being the best) and is based on how you’ve been driving so far in the quarter
- It’s an overall score that takes into consideration your speed, acceleration, braking and cornering
- As you know, we review the price of our insurance 3 times a year - this will be based on your final driving score for the quarter. The higher your score, the less you’ll pay
- Roughly every 10 days (providing you've driven at least 40 miles) we’ll give you an updated driving score for the quarter so far. We'll also tell you how this score would affect the price of your insurance at your next price review.
- After each price review we’ll reset your score – so even if you don’t receive a discount in one quarter, you'll have the chance to do so in the next!
Why we’re introducing a score
We’ve been listening to our customers and taking on board their feedback. Our community of young drivers want to know how their driving could affect the cost of their insurance on a more regular basis – so we’ve introduced a new overall 'Driving Score'.
Now, every 10 days you’ll see an updated score and we'll let you know whether you’re on track for a discount or increase at your next price review.Richard King, ingenie founder and CEO
Updates to your driving messages
To help you improve your score you'll still receive your 'Driving Messages' in the usual way on your speed, acceleration, braking and cornering. These messages will let you know how you've been driving since your last update - showing you the areas you're driving well in and where you can improve. Receiving green messages is more likely to improve your score whereas receiving red messages is more likely to reduce your score.
Don’t forget to head over to the App store or Google Play store now to update your app. We’ll email you with a reminder to let you know when you’ll start to see the new 'Driving Score' - in the meantime if you have any questions or would like to find out more then please check out our FAQs.