Top 10: Things to keep in your car
You never know when an emergency might happen, so try and make sure you have these 10 items in your car.
1. Map - you may have a sat nav but you may not always be in an area with a strong signal, so keep a map to avoid hours of meaningless driving.
2. Car charger for your phone - most people always have their mobiles with them in the car, but in an emergency you need peace of mind that you have enough battery life on your phone, so a charger is highly recommended.
3. Fluids - windshield washer fluid, oil and coolant to be able to top up whenever necessary.
4. Jump leads - if you have these and your battery goes flat, then all you need is another car to jump you. There are also battery operated start kits on the market that enable you to start your car by yourself.
5. Camera - when it comes to a car accident, a camera can come in handy.
6. Shovel - if you ever get stuck in the snow or even just mud, a shovel is a great help.
7. Blanket - it's a good idea to keep a blanket in your car if a passenger is cold or if you get stranded.
8. Torch - this is handy for checking your engine or changing a tyre in the dark. We advise torches that turn on when you shake them or twist them, rather than having to rely on battery-operated torches that may not work.
9. Spare tyre & tyre repair kit - you never know when you're going to get a flat tyre, so always have a spare just in case.
10. Matches and a candle - it may sound strange in this day and age but if you get stranded in your car, the flame from a candle can provide enough heat to keep you from getting too cold. The bigger the candle the warmer you will be.