Telematics is not a new invention and has been used for over a decade in commercial vehicles, by the emergency services and Formula One teams. The technology is now widely being used in road cars.
The ingenie box is a self-contained unit the size of a smartphone that includes a:
- GPS unit which captures when and where the car is driven
- high frequency motion sensor which captures how the car is driven
- SIM card which is used to transmit the data
The cost of the ingenie box and the fitting of the box is included in the price of your insurance.
- An ingenie telematics box is fitted out of sight in the car - collecting data on how the car is driven
- Data is then transmitted from the box to secure servers via the Orange network, allowing us to assess your driving style
- We send you feedback on your driving which is available via the ingenie app or online
- We give discounts to our best and most improved drivers, so drive well and you could pay less